Apple Pie Oatmeal
Yields: 1 Serving
Total Time: 20 minutes
- ½ cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 cup water (or skim milk)
- 2 tablespoons Benecol®, divided
- ½ medium apple, chopped and divided
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, toasted or un-toasted
1. In a small pot, bring water (or skim milk) to a simmer and add old fashioned oats, 1 tablespoon of Benecol® and half of the chopped apple.
2. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes until liquid begins to absorb.
3. When the oats are tender, pour into a bowl and top with remaining tablespoon of Benecol®, apple, cinnamon and walnuts. Serve warm and enjoy with heart healthy goodness of Benecol®.