Yields: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
- 1 whole Rotisserie Chicken, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons Benecol® Regular Spread
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed (about 3 cloves)
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian herbs*
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 whole lemon, chopped
* 2 tsp. thyme, 2 tsp. dried rosemary, 2 tsp. dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- In a small bowl, mash together the Benecol® with the crushed garlic, red pepper flakes, and dried Italian herbs.
- Stuff the inside of the chicken with chopped lemon. Cross and tie the chicken legs together with cotton cooking twine to keep the lemon secure inside. Tying the legs also helps ensure equal cooking time across the bird.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish that allows 3” around the sides to create airflow and catch juices.
- Generously rub the outside of the chicken breasts, thighs, drumsticks and wings with the Benecol® herb mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake 50 minutes or until the internal temperature of the thigh meat (by the bone) reads 165*.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Try this with a side of our Steamed Veggies or a simple sauteed spinach.