Kale and Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
Yields: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons Benecol® Regular Spread
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, crushed (about 3 cloves)
- 1 cup sweet potato, diced
- 2 cups kale, coarsely chopped
- 4 eggs, whisked
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- In a medium nonstick pan, melt the Benecol® over medium heat and add the diced onion. Sauté 3 minutes or until onions are translucent and then add the garlic, sweet potatoes and kale.
- Sauté 2 minutes, until garlic becomes fragrant. Then add ¼ cup of water and loosely cover with a lid and simmer on medium low heat for 5 minutes until potatoes soften and kale becomes tender.
- Remove the lid and add whisked eggs, stirring gently until cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Finish with salt and pepper and a small spoonful of low-fat sour cream.