Mini Sweet Potato Biscuits
Yields: 24 Servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons Benecol® Regular Spread, well chilled
- ½ cup mashed baked sweet potato, chilled
- 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
1. Preheat the oven to 425° F.
2. Combine the whole-wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Using a fork, cut the Benecol® Regular Spread into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse meal. Work in the sweet potato. Add the milk and work the dough with a fork then use your hands to form a soft dough. Knead the dough 3-4 times, just until it is supple.
3. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured board and roll it out in a circle 5/8 inch thick. Cut out 24 1-inch squares. Place biscuits on a light-colored baking sheet. Discard any scraps.
4. Bake 8 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool 10 minutes.