Chocolate Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
Yields: 48 Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
½ cup sugar
½ tsp. vanilla
8 tablespoons Benecol® Original Spread
½ cup baking cocoa powder
1 ½ cups flour
½ cup dried cranberries, chopped
1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
1. Combine the sugar, egg, and vanilla in a food processor. Process until pale, about 20 seconds. Add the Benecol® Regular Spread, and process until the mixture is just creamy, 10 seconds. Add the cocoa powder and 1½ cups of the flour, all at once. Pulse until a moist, soft dough forms, 6-8 times. If the dough does not come together, add the remaining flour and pulse 3-4 times. Hand mix in cranberries.
2. Scoop out the dough, dividing it between 2 sheets of wax paper. Form each portion of dough into a 1-inch by 12-inch log. At this point, you can bake the dough, refrigerate it for up to 24 hours, or freeze it for up to 1 month.
3. Preheat the oven to 350° F. With a sharp knife, cut one log into ½ inch slices. (Keep the other one chilled.) Roll each piece into a ball and place on a baking sheet, arranging the cookies 1½ inches apart. Press your fingertip into the center of each cookie to make a hollow.
4. Bake until the cookies feel firm, about 13 minutes. While the cookies bake, melt the jam in the microwave, or using a small pan over low heat.
5. Transfer the cookies to a rack. Spoon a dab of jam into the hollow of each cookie. Cool completely. (Store in a tightly closed container up to 1 week.)