Salmon with Ginger-Lime Sauce
Yields: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 ½ pounds salmon filet, cut in 4 pieces
- 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp. celery seed
- 4 tablespoons Benecol® Original Spread, well chilled
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Place the salmon in the center of a large piece of foil. Lay half the ginger slices on top of the salmon. Cut 2 strips of zest from one of the limes. Set them aside and thinly slice the lime. Place 2 lime slices on top of each piece of salmon. Seal the foil, making a packet, and bake the salmon 15 minutes.
- Place the remaining ginger, the strips of lime zest, shallots, vinegar, soy sauce and celery seed in a medium saucepan and set it over high heat. When the liquid has boiled down to 2 teaspoons, reduce the heat to low. Whisk the cold Benecol®, 1 tablespoon at a time, into the pan.
- Slice the second lime. Open the packet with the salmon. Discard the cooked lime and the ginger. Set each piece of salmon on a dinner plate. Spoon some of the sauce, with the shallots, over it. Top with 2 fresh slices of lime, and serve immediately.