Benecol® Banana Bread
Yields: 10 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
- 1/3 cup Benecol® Original Spread
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, large
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together Benecol®, sugar, eggs, milk and lemon juice.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients to the Benecol® mixture and add mashed bananas.
- Pour batter into a Benecol®-buttered 8" baking loaf and bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Feeling fancy? Sprinkle sliced almonds and a pinch of coarse sugar on top of the batter just before placing in the oven.
Benecol® Basics Tip: Did you know that Benecol® Original works as a direct substitute when a recipe calls for vegetable or canola oil? Grab your favorite box mix of Banana Bread and prepare according to package instructions. Simply use Benecol® when it calls for oil, 1:1. Enjoy!