Benecol® Blueberry Scones
Yields: 8 servings
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Benecol® Original Spread
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3/4 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 425*F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and sugar.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, Benecol®, milk and water.
- Gently add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold in blueberries.
- On a floured work surface, turn out the dough and pat down to a round disk approximately 1" thick by 10" wide, and slice into 8 wedges.
- Place onto a floured baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
OPTIONAL: Make an egg wash by combining 1 egg with 2 tablespoons of milk and whisking, and brush the top of the scone dough just before baking. This will give the scones a beautiful golden color when they come out of the oven!