Yields: 6 Servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into 1” pieces
- ½ whole onion, small dice
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped into ¼” pieces
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced
- 1 medium summer squash, sliced
- 5 oz. mushrooms (any variety), sliced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 4-6 tablespoons Benecol® Original Spread
- 1 lb. Orecchiette Pasta
- ¼ cup Dry White Wine
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup basil, chiffonade
1. Put a pot of water on the stove and let it come to a boil, prepared to cook the pasta.
2. Heat 4 tablespoons Benecol® Regular Spread in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic together and cook for a minute or two until they turn translucent, then add in the broccoli, stir, and add carrots.
3. Stir mixture around and cook for 1 minute. Transfer to a plate.
4. Add the red pepper to the skillet and stir for 1 minute and transfer to the plate.
5. Add pasta to boiling water and cook al dente.
6. Add 1 tablespoon of Benecol® to the skillet. Add squash and zucchini and cook for one minute and transfer to the plate. Add and cook mushrooms for 1 minute and transfer to plate.
1. Pour ¼ cup white wine into the skillet and ½ cup chicken broth with a tablespoon of Benecol® and scrape up any bits of vegetables from the bottom (this is called deglazing!). Cook 1-2 minutes until liquid starts to thicken.
2. Add 1 cup half & half and 1 cup of whole milk. Add Parmesan and stir to melt, and season with salt and pepper. Add basil and stir.
3. Add vegetables and mushrooms into the sauce with frozen peas. Add Orecchiette pasta and stir.
4. Garnish with parmesan cheese, cracked pepper and chopped basil. Serve and enjoy!