Lightened Up Mac n' Cheese
Yields: 6 servings
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3 tablespoons Benecol® Original
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 16 oz. low fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 8 oz. elbow pasta, cooked al dente
- Begin by cooking pasta al dente. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water before draining, for later.
- In a medium sauce pan on medium low heat, whisk together the Benecol® with the all-purpose flour and cook for 30 seconds.
- Slowly pour in the skim milk, whisking constantly.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken.
- Add the cottage cheese and shredded mozzarella. Cook on medium heat for 3 minutes or until cheese has completely melted.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan and a little pasta water to reach desired consistency.
- Serve warm and enjoy!