Grilled Cheese with Fresh Veggies
Yields: 1 Serving
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 thin slices part skim cheddar
- ½ cup fresh spinach
- 2 slices tomato, sliced ¼” thick
- 2 slices or ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced 1/8” thick
- 1 tablespoon Benecol® Original Spread
- Spread ½ tablespoon of Benecol® on the outside of each slice of whole grain bread, then place bread buttered-side down on a clean plate or cutting board.
- Spread the inside of each slice of bread with Dijon mustard.
- Layer one slice of cheddar, fresh spinach, tomato, sliced red onion, and remaining one slice of cheddar between the two slices of bread.
- Place in a nonstick fry pan on low heat and cook until the cheese has melted and the bread has toasted golden brown, flipping once, approximately 6 minutes per side.